Re: Thoughts on Chaos

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:19:19 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., deaconblue3_at_j... wrote:
> Yes, I'm still alive. *WEG*
>
> Some thoughts on Chaos:
>
> 1. The book should have two sections. First should be the general
chaos
> stuff, cultists, generic CSM's and the like. The second section
should
> have the special stuff by power, daemons, specific chapters, etc.
>
> 2. I like the animosity idea. The idea of restricting it solely to
who
> may or may not ally together is going a bit too far IMO. If we did
that,
> then by the rules, the assault on Earth, or any Black Crusade since,
> could never happen. Animosity between the powers makes for good
flavor,
> and can be a debilitating penalty if you take the wrong combination
of
> forces.
>
> 3. Restrictions on the newer IG stuff is a good idea. My
suggestion is
> to double the point cost for such equipment in the Chaos lists.
That
> should effectively restrict their usage,

I think it's better to have 2 books, because the Chaos Space Marines
are generally organized as any other army (Company card - Support
cards - Special card), while D�monic armies retain the special chaos
army construction rule (Greater D�mon + Minion cards)

> 4. Let's get all the original traitor legions into the book. Last
go
> around hand some great ideas for legions such as the Iron Hands and
> Nighthunters. Most of them are associated with a single power, so
they
> can be inserted there, in the appropriate section.

The Traitor Legions are nine, the book will be IMHO too huge...