Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Thoughts on Chaos

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:59:13 -0500

I think it's better to have 2 books, because the Chaos Space Marines
are generally organized as any other army (Company card - Support
cards - Special card), while D�monic armies retain the special chaos
army construction rule (Greater D�mon + Minion cards)

-->Why is this so? In the older editions, you had to have a greater
demon (primarch) in order to take a specific legion card. The Legions
were minions just like any other Chaos unit. and the Primarchs counted
as Greater demons for the purpose of building an army. I don't see the
Chaos Legions holding all that tightly to their old TO&E. Sure, some
aspects will remain, and will be part and parcel of their structure, but
they are not just SM's in funky armor. Their demon tainted, and need to
relfect that aspect. It is better to retain the Demon + Minions apsect,
even for the CSM legions. The Legions are minions to their Greater Demon
Primarchs, and not stand alone armies. Assuredly, they do form the back
bone of any Epic Chaos army, but they are still just minions to a bigger,
badder demon type thingy.

Josh R
"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai