Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Unit proposals for Chaos

From: Costanzo <costanzo.d_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:51:16 +0100

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Costanzo" <costanzo.d_at_i...> wrote:
> Plaguesword/Plague Knives
> Models armed with Plagueswords or Plague Knives are deadly in close
> combat, as these foul weapons have a chance of infecting with all
> manners of rot and disease even the smallest wound they cause. When
> model armed with a Plaguesword rolls double 4, 5 or 6 on the Close
> Combat roll, the opposite model is slain even if wins or ties the
> close combat. Plague Knives functions similarly, but kills only on
> double 6. These weapons can affect only infantry, cavalry and light
> artillery units.
>
> Cos:
> this ability is broken ! I propose to give -1 caf (or 2) to bases
in hand to
> hand with plague marines

3 possibilities out of 36 to kill a single stand isn't that broken,
IMHO (1/36 with plague knives)

Cos:
Ok , but wich model will have the sword ?
I prefer to give a malus on the enemy unit who fight the plaguemarines (like
the plague bearer)

> > Noise marines
> > Chaos space marines but morale 1, their weapons have 2 attacks but
> hit on 5+
> > instead. Maybe drop the CAF by one.
>
> Yeah, CAF +2 and weapons (50cm, 2, 5+, 0), but with the special
> ability Warp Scream (from CSM 40k codex)
>
> Warp Scream
> All stands charged by a unit with this ability must make a Morale
> check: if failed, they must re-roll all Close Combat dice which roll
> a 6 (the second result stands). This power doesn't affect AI units.
>
> Cos:
> (50cm, 2, 5+, 0) we are talking about chaos dwarf ?
> I propose 75cm, 2, 5+, 0 or 50cm, 2, 5+, -1

Sonic blasters haven't all that range or penetration... there are
Blastmasters for that work *hint* *hint*

Cos:
So you are planning to give an "havoc noise marines" ? In this case to keep
useful the simple noise marines , i propose to change the Warp Scream in
this way:

Warp Scream (only for noise marines)
 All stands charged by a unit with this ability must make a Morale
 check: if failed, the caos player can chose an enemy close combat dice to
be re-rolled

Here it is my arguments.
If i can buy a very good troop (havec noise marines), i never buy a "normal
troop" (noise marines),and the warp scream ability for havoc noice marines
is your version.
letto i muscoli e sono nel vuoto ! �O�