Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Thoughts on Chaos

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:09:38 -0500

A full CSM Company instead of CSM pawns of Chaos daemons is rather
different from German tanks in a British army, IMNSHO.

--->Not really. If the universe says it doesn't happen, it doesn't
happen. Sure, I *could* create a setting where the Brits and Germans
allied against the Russians, just so I can have JOE Vandeleur riding a
TigerII at the head of the Irish Guards. Doesn't mean its legitimate.
And, by their very nature, the CSMs are the pawns of chaos. The taint is
part of them, inspearable from them. They've been the pawns of chaos
since the Primarchs were scattered across the galaxy. They sold their
souls, and now they dance to the tune they called. Like it or not,
that's that.

And for whatever reason 40kv2 background should be preferred to 40kv3
one?

-->there's background in v3? really? When did that happen? What I've
read was snippets from larger pieces, heavily retconned to account for
the newer figures, and to invalidate anything previous. Most of it was
hack shite that didn't muster up as even worth using to start a fire.
40K is nothing more than an excuse to sell figs, and they give no
credence to the background at all, except to say "hey check out this cool
new fig, only $19.99 at a GW retailer near you!"

Josh R
"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai