[NetEpic ML] Re: Thoughts on Chaos

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:45:02 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., deaconblue3_at_j... wrote:
> A full CSM Company instead of CSM pawns of Chaos daemons is rather
> different from German tanks in a British army, IMNSHO.
>
> --->Not really. If the universe says it doesn't happen, it doesn't
> happen. Sure, I *could* create a setting where the Brits and
Germans
> allied against the Russians, just so I can have JOE Vandeleur
riding a
> TigerII at the head of the Irish Guards. Doesn't mean its
legitimate.
> And, by their very nature, the CSMs are the pawns of chaos. The
taint is
> part of them, inspearable from them. They've been the pawns of
chaos
> since the Primarchs were scattered across the galaxy. They sold
their
> souls, and now they dance to the tune they called. Like it or not,
> that's that.

Ok, agree. Still you've given no reason why a full force of World
Eaters, Death Guard or whatever may not be fielded when the actual
background permits to do so.

> And for whatever reason 40kv2 background should be preferred to
40kv3
> one?
>

> -->there's background in v3? really? When did that happen? What
I've
> read was snippets from larger pieces, heavily retconned to account
for
> the newer figures, and to invalidate anything previous. Most of it
was
> hack shite that didn't muster up as even worth using to start a
fire.
> 40K is nothing more than an excuse to sell figs, and they give no
> credence to the background at all, except to say "hey check out
this cool
> new fig, only $19.99 at a GW retailer near you!"
>
> Josh R
> "No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai

Yep, that's your opinion... mine is different. The history of 40k is
simply evolved, new races are born and some things changed. Comes to
my mind that according to your ideas, I cannot field TAU or C'tan
armies either (I agree with you that they squeezed them into the
background only to sell the pieces, but they are still there and I
should have the possibility to play with them too).