[NetEpic ML] Re: Let the Revision begin!!

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 01:15:33 -0800

How about this?

Infantry should have no problem pinning soft vehicles/infantry like
buggies, bikes, rough riders, light artillery, wartraks, sentinels,
marines, nobz, warwalkers, trolls, pink horrors, etc. (Units with a
saving throw of 6 or less, or no ranged attack).

Terminators, and other infantry type units, like dreadnoughts, dark
reapers, exarchs, should be included in the armored vehicles section, as
these units are too tough for even tanks to move past. (Units with
armor saving throws of 5+, and a ranged attack). This would also help
to make these units Great again.

Please don't get me wrong, I think infantry are GREAT tank busters when
they can ambush vehicles, or when tanks engage them. I just don't think
they should be able to pin a tank, or a terminator.

1. Titans/Praetorians.
2. Super Heavy Vehicles/Knights
3. Heavy armored units.
4. Unarmored or lightly armored units/no ranged attack.
5. Skimmers.

Warprat

Hey, I'd actually really like to see this. SOME vehicles should not be
included like the Ork Warbuggy and Wartrak (I think troops could pin
'em) but in general, Tanks should not be pinned by infantry. It was
always a bit of a gbugbear in the rules for me. Why on earth would a
Land Raider hang around to get trounced by a bunch of Harlequins when it
could take off? Its bigger and heavier and I'm sure the crew don't care
if they run a few Harlequins over. I think tanks should be a seperate
class for pinning and Close Combat. Makes sense.

 -Kelvin....