Re: [v5.0] Tank Shock

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:14:46 -0000

I Agree all the way... 5 guardians cannot stop a Land Raider!
Perhaps, it must be toned down... some ideas that comes to my mind:

- Give this ability only to well-armoured units (3+ save or better)

- Tank-shock may only be done on Charge orders

- Give the tank-shocked unit the option of get out the way instead of
suffering the tank-shock (perhaps it must forfeit its orders for the
turn doing so...).

- Diversify tank-shock from close combat: instead of making a round
of close combat, the infantry may choose to make an Heroic attack (as
40k)! The stand stands still (:P) and automatically hits the vehicle
with his ranged weapon (maybe with the side armor modifier, due to
the point-blank range): if the vehicle survives, the stand is
squashed under the tracks, otherwise the stand dies and the vehicle
continues unscathed.

So it may works this way: I declare my Land Raider (armoured, so
armor at least 3+) on Charge orders to tank-shock your Guardian stand
(maybe in order to charge a model further away). You have 2 options:
get out of the way (making the Guardian stand unable to move or shoot
that turn, and losing its ZC) or make an Heroic attack, automatically
hitting the Land Raider which must save at -1 TSM.

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jarreas_at_m...> wrote:
> In the various musings on how to write up animosity between Greater
Daemons,
> it occurred to me that a clever player could move his infantry in
such a way
> to prevent his Greater Daemons from moving, and thus prevent them
from killing
> each other. The concept of "getting in the way of a Charging
Greater Daemon"
> isn't something I consider particularly intelligent - or
survivable, for that
> matter.
>
> So the concept of crushing your enemy arises - can a tank roll over
infantry,
> or can the collective small-arms fire from a Gretchin Squad halt a
Charging