RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Tank Shock

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:27:24 +0100

Hi!!

I dislike the tank shock ability at all, some time ago I proposed something
similar for titan, but after some thinking I realize that this would make a
mess, with titan running all over the field to splat enemy infantry, and
this is wrong.

More remember that miniature are just a rappresentation of what are in the
field, the five men on a base are not so close, we can imagine that they
are over the are of whold detachment, but for game purpose they are so
close in a base, so a if a tank run in the middle of them they simple leave
to let them pass.

More again, remember that movement are alternate to make possible play, but
teorically all movement, shooting, and others shold be simultaneos, so if
I've moved this doesn't mean you can just walk over me!!

So this is my suggestion:

If they cannot pin you they cannot stop you. If a units of a pinning size
lower than yours is on your path, simply pass over them and go on. If your
movement end inside a units push aside this little ant to make space for
you (in this mode a Titan that charge a detachment of infantry could stop
his charge into the detachment, and caught in CaC 3 or 4 base)

This should be simple enought to work and resolve all problem about titan
blocked by infantry!! ^___^

Let me know

Zerloon