Re: [NetEpic ML] Heavy Artillery in close combat

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:00:12 -0500

> I charge an Heavy Artilleri with Infantry,
> Heavy artillery have First Fire,
> but since is artillery cannot fire over the
> charging models.
>
> In the first fire segment Heavy artillery can
> fire or not?

Nope - your artillery units are in trouble.

During the movement phase the attacking units swarm all over your artillery.

During the First Fire phase, any artillery that has been engaged can't fire
because they're artillery - this is the special rule, and other types of units
would get a shot here. Any artillery that isn't in Close Combat may fire - but
not at said enemy that's all over their friends (this time because you can't
fire into a Close Combat).

To sum: it's a bad idea to let the enemy near your artillery.

When I run Marines playing against Imperial Guard I nearly always take a Scout
Company in Drop Pods. I include the Chapter Master so he can change the
manditory Advance orders into Charge Orders. This is perhaps the best
well-spend 850 points in my army.
-Yar