Feedback on the news Chaos codex

From: NetEpic Webmaster <tom.webb_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:45:23 -0000

For the Chaos codex I have some comments below, from a quick glance.

* Tactics - see the article on the EPICentre
* Animosity - a good compromise, I was scepitcal at first, but after reading the book I love it.
* Slave squad - I like it, at first I was concerned about the amount of chaff it provides the Chaos force with but as a special card it seems fair to me.
* Cultist Fanatics - Stats missing
* Daemon horde - Trolls and minotaurs are fine but daemonettes? They Slaanesh not undivided.
* Daemonette support cards - Not for undivided.
* Lemon Russ support cards - Too much flexibility, either up the points to more than the Imperial variant or make them a special card.
* Transport Convoy - I can see your logic in including them, but Chaos has too many advantages as it is, speed is one of the balancing factors which sets them apart from the other races. They might be all powerful but they lack range and you get a few turns to pound them before they get close. 50 points is definately too cheap if it is taken at all. I suggest that if it is included it is 100 points and a special card.
* Cultist heavy weapons - A definate no, firepower should be heavily restricted for chaos, it is a CC army, it should not excel at everything. The problem before with Chaos was that it had too much variety, you could build an army that would defeat any opponent with ease, with little regard to experience or playing ability.
* Other than the above comments I really like the standard Chaos list, the other Chaos codex lists looked fine. I especially like the fact that the legions are now centuries, it leads to a whole lot less confusion. However, the Daemon Prince bubonicus seems a tad over powered...

Tom Webb
Webmaster of Netepic.org - Home of Netepic, VOID, EPIC: Armageddon and Heresy