Updated Proxy Infantry List and Has anyone seen the 6mm H&R/Navwar Sci-fi figures?

From: Maksim-Smelchak <max200_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 08:56:04 -0800

We also forgot:

ADLER Sci-fi: I don't have any yet, but these are among the best 6mm sci-fi
figures available (The one I've seen are scaled more around 8mm than 6mm).
Well worth getting.
http://home.clara.net/adlermin/scipages/dwscifigallery.html
http://home.clara.net/adlermin/
http://www.historicalminiatures.com/admasf.htm

GLADIATOR: Gladiator Games are due to release centaur like infantry for
their 1/300th Hardkill Zythian range hopefully early in 2003.Should offer
some interesting possiblities for creative list members. Their large four
legged walker for the Zythians has been released (10 pounds each).They are
Titan size with a good range of weapons for the five weapons points on the
walker. Well worth a look.
http://www.gladiatorgames.co.uk/1_300th_science_fiction.htm

Here are the old ones (already posted once although updated with links):

Alternative Armies: I like their figures the best out of the many proxies
available even though they made a very short run of 6mm figures (very hard
to find used or even new). Some of their "marines" look the praetorian guard
from "Return of the Jedi." I'll have to send in the pictures. If anyone is
interested, I have contact information to order them (have to order special
since they're no longer on catalogue).
The 6mm units that I can offer you are as follows all are priced at �5.00p
sterling per pack.
1.FF5 Crusader city map unit. This comprises of 8 sprues of 4 figures (3
types), 8 bases for four, two flags. total 32 figures.
2.FF10 Khan city map unit. This comprises of 8 sprues of 4,4,2 figures (3
types), 6 bases, two flags. total 28 figures.
3.FF18 Levy city map unit. This comprises of 10 sprues of 4 figures (4
types), 10 bases, two flags. total 40 figures.
www.alternative-armies.com

BATTLETECH: I have Davion, Kurita, and Elementals from the old Ral Partha
line and they are very cool although scaled larger than Epic around 8mm
(bigger than most Epic).
http://www.ironwindmetals.com/

CAV: Scaled very large at 10mm, but outstanding infantry figures and would
make excellent proxies for Dreadnoughts.
http://www.cavhq.com/
http://www.reapermini.com/

GZG: These guys (Dirtside II and Future Wars) even have round bases that fit
really well into plastic Epic bases. They're scaled around 6 to 7mm and look
fine with most Epic pieces although they're pretty expensive (most packs
have around 48 figures with bases although I don't remember how many
exactly). The variety of pieces is outstanding considering that it's pretty
hard to make huge differentiation in 6mm scale.
http://www.gtns.net/gzg/

IRREGULAR: These are plain-Jane figures (the sci-fi ones) although
outstanding value for the price. I scale them at around 6mm even though
they're pretty blobby (Look fine next to Epic if much less detailed and, of
course, blobby). I bought mine second-hand so I'm not sure which figures are
which code. I like them though.
http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/indexes/6mmindex.htm

OGRE: Very cool infantry pieces scaled at around 8mm (bigger than most
Epic). They pretty much all look the same so they need good paintjobs to
differentiate them. Some of the newer sets come with heavy weapons (a
missile launcher and a support cannon) that are very nifty.
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/miniatures/
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/miniatures/otherminis.html

SCOTIA: The power armor guys are outstanding. The rest of them are very
structurally weak, but neat-looking. I built the marines and guys I believe
to be "rangers in combat envirosuits," which look pretty neat. Again, I
bought mine second-hand so I'm not sure which figures are which code. A bad
part about Scotias is that they have a lot of casting errors (missing detail
from thin parts of the hold like hands, arms, and legs). I scale them around
6mm and they look just fine next to most Epic figures.
http://www.scotiagrendel.com/scotia/index.html

In addition, I have a lot of microarmor infantry (H&R/Navwar, GHQ, C&C,
Irregular, Mainforce Miniatures, etc.) that are well worth seeing. Ralph AKA
Legion-4 recommends using microarmor figures for Inperial Guard. I quite
agree. My Jordanians (complete with Keffiyeh AKA head wrap) look great as
Tallarns (So do the Egyptians for that matter).
http://www.navwar.freeserve.co.uk/
http://www.heroicsandros.co.uk/
http://www.ghqmodels.com/
http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/indexes/6mmindex.htm
www.lastsquare.com/MiniCatalog/Mainforce/mainforceminis.html

Best regards and Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

*****
P.S.
Has anyone seen the 6mm H&R/Navwar Sci-fi figures?

How about the 10mm GROPOS Babylon-5 figures (now sadly out of print)?

*****

P.S.S.
Thanks Lyle!