Forward Observers

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 06:45:04 -0800 (PST)

I had a thought last night about forward observers
because one of the IG players in my group uses one.
How many squads can they assist? I would figure 1
company or 3 squads. Ohterwise they are far too cheap.
Forward Observer 75cm observing range 3 squads for FO
action
HQ/Elite(each stand) 50cm observing range 1 squad for
FO action
Regular infanty (squad) 50cm observing range 1 squad
for FO action
This would make them similar to a Medic or Tech Marine
limiting them to the number of units they can help.
Also for IG artillery companies they should have the
option of taking a Forward Observer for free rather
than a commisar. They would lose the commisar but gain
a Forward observer for free but also lose the Special
card slot. Makes sense that an Artillery company would
have a Forward observer.
Just some thoughts to throw around.
Darius