Re: [NetEpic ML] Random thought: variable objectives

From: Gunnar Strand <Gunnar.Strand_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 02:36:54 +0100

This is a good idea. If I am not mistaken it was introduced
in the "Titan Legions" box, right? IIRC there was a stack of
cards with objectives to fulfill for a battle, giving extra
VPs. Alas, to my sorrow my Titan Legions box disappeared
during a move (it contained my Imperator Titan to my
opponents' relief :-) hence I cannot verify my assumption.

When we played games using objective cards the battles were
unbalanced. Some objectives were too hard, others were too
easy. Our conclusion was that the (GW) objectives cards were
a gamble and either gave the victory to one side or the
other, depending on the card. They made the battles...uh...
somewhat _predetermined_. Hm, it was the knights which had
the objectives, I think (?).

The idea was good, but failed due to the balancing issue.
A balanced version of the objectives would be most welcome!

Cheers,

Gunnar