Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Chaos List division

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...> <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:50:26 -0000

This is how I handle it in my codexes:

++++++CSM CODEX++++++

Standard Army
The Black Legion is considered the Chaos Space Marines Standard Army.
All other Legions are considered Codex Armies. Traitor Legions cannot
ally between themselves (except when noted, see below).

Marks of Chaos
All Chaos troops may bear the Mark of one of the four principal Chaos
gods, while models without Marks are considered to bear the Mark of
Chaos Undivided.

The Legion taken as the Main Army dictates which type of units may be
added to it:
�‚� You may take only Company and Special cards bearing the Mark of
your Legion.
�‚� You must take at least 3 Support cards bearing the Mark of your
Legion for each Company card taken.
�‚� You may include Supports following Chaos gods `allied' with the
Chaos god followed by your Legion (except Chosen and Terminators,
which must bear the Mark of the Legion). Legions following Chaos
Undivided are not so choosy and may field troops bearing any Mark
(unless playing a Legion that has specific restrictions), troops
bearing the Mark of Chaos Undivided may be taken to bolster any
Legion as well. Troops taken in this way are considered allies.
�‚� If the Legion is lead by his Primarch, you may include up to one
Support card (bearing the Mark of the Legion) from the Codex D�monic
Hordes for each Company card taken. These units do not count as
allies, and d�monic units (but not D�mon Engines) need to be summoned.

+++++++DAEMONIC HORDES CODEX++++++++

Standard Army
All Chaos powers are considered Standard armies. One Chaos power (or
the Chaos Undivided) must be chosen to represent the Main Army, and
at least half the total points must be spent on units following that
Chaos power. You may also choose to field one Primarch bearing the
same Mark of the Main Army Chaos power: said Primarch is fielded
exactly as a Greater D�mon (see below), and may choose Support and
Special cards from either the D�monic Hordes Codex or the Chaos Space
Marines Codex (in addition, one Company card may be chosen as well).

Allies
There are two types of Minion cards: Specific Minion cards and
Generic Minion cards. The Specific Minion cards represent detachments
affiliated with a specific patron Chaos god, and may only be attached
as Support cards to Greater D�mons of the patron Chaos deity (i.e.
Flesh Hounds and Bloodletters of Khorne can only be attached to a
Greater D�mon of Khorne or Lord of Battles, because all these units
are dedicated to Khorne). Generic Minion cards are detachments that
pay homage to no particular Chaos god but serve Chaos Undivided, so
they may be purchased and attached to any Greater D�mon regardless of
the Chaos god the Greater D�mon belongs to (they are considered
allies). You may include Greater D�mons following Chaos gods `allied'
with the Main Army Chaos god and Chaos Undivided companies as allies
too: up to 50% of the total points may be spent in this way, but no
more than 25% per single ally (i.e. if fielding a Khorne Army, up to
50% of total points may be spent on allies, but max 25% on Nurgle,
Slaanesh or Chaos Undivided troops).

Army Construction
A D�monic Hordes army is constructed around a Greater D�mon. In other
words, before any Support cards are added a Greater D�mon must be
purchased: for every one selected a minimum of 3 (up to a maximum of
5) Support cards (also called Minion cards) must be added to it,
therefore a Greater D�mon cannot be added to an army with two or less
Support cards.