[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan Revision

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:09:52 -0500

Idea #1

Change the armor saves, but keep the current templates. This is as simple
as increasing the armor saves by +1 or +2. Not all of them but the
crucial areas. No other chabges are necessary.

Idea #2

Fiddle with the shields, increase whats needed to bring them down or
increase their resilience.

--->And now the FNG sounds off....A friend of mine told me about this
discussion. My thought is that a scaling (in a very general sense) of
weapons should do. I do think it "unrealistic" for a stand of IG with
lasguns to bring down a titan's shield(s). That said, if several stands
all do the same thing, shoot at the titan, and all hit, then the shield
could go down. Something like needing 6 infantry scale weapon hits in a
round to bring down a shield (halving that for heavy weapons hits). Hits
would not carry over from round to round (titan crews aren't that bad, no
matter what army). So, a scale would be something like this: Infantry
(bolt guns, lasguns, shuriken catapults, etc), heavy weapons (missle
launchers, lascannons, etc), large caliber guns (most vehicles-Battle
cannons, etc), and titan weapons (the usual pls things like the volcano
cannon). This is just a rough idea, so run with it...