[NetEpic ML] Re: Pinning-the straw that broke the camel's back.

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:46:16 +0200

[snipped some comments I agree with totally]

So what to do?

No easy solution, heres some thoughts:

Eliminate it alltogether. Simply state that all unit MUST engage in one
round of close combat before they can leave their next movement. You might
add that this doesn't apply to titans or preatorians. If thats too drastic
we'd need simpler categories:

Infantry and cavalry (includes jetbikes and such)
Armored vehicles
Knights and super heavies
Titans and preatorians

Each larger class pins lower classes and the tank pinned or not issue is
settled.

>JS: This is more or less what I have been thinking although I still don't
like the idea of vehicle vs vehicle close combat. However, >to get rid of
that might be a bit too much <sigh>. Does anyone else miss AT/SM1 in this
respect?

Comments please!

Peter

  _____