RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]Space marines again.

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:55:18 +0200

That would be fine, but in the list the scouts have the ability to infiltrate (check P.7) and there is a separate scout detachment in the army card section (check p.25). Since they do just what you said there shouldn't be a separate scout (or Neophyte) detachment, nor should the Neophytes have infiltration ability.

> >Why have White Scars bikers lost the ability to enter woods
> in charge orders?
>
> Cavalry never loses the ability to charge into woods - they
> move half speed, but they can do it. White Scars have the Hit
> & Run ability - that's their claim to fame.

Only veterans & attack bikes have the hit & run ability in the list. The "enter woods in charge orders" meant they could move at charge speed since they're supposed to be the best bikers in the Imperium(along with Ravenwing).

> >White Scars veteran bikes seem to have transformed to
> veteran attack bikes.
>
> If I had a choice of a bike or an attack bike, I'd take an
> attack bike every day of the week. Veterans should have the
> best equipment available, in addition to the +1 CAF and Morale.

That's one way of thinking it, but the attack bikes are the devastators of the White Scars. How about making both normal and attack bike veterans available? C'mon, that's just one more army card...

> >After thinking a bit I realized that a Techmarine would be
> more suitable to act as the command unit of the 11th company.
> He would gain command unit abilities but could only repair
> the robots of the 11th company. How's that?
>
> I like the idea, but I'd make him a blend of a techmarine
> (normal AoE) and a commander - full abilities of both. It may
> sound overpowering, but if he's using his Mechanic ability,
> he can't use Force March or change orders power. Make it cost
> a little more than a basic commander and I think it'd fit right in.

Fine with me! The original captain of the 11th company was probably Saul Lliamson, the techmarine who wrote the robot programs for operation Carthage.

> Just think of buying a regular techmarine as the Special. Two
> techmarines in a company - eeew.
> -Yar

Ouch! BTW, is that your picture on the cover of the Net Epic rules? :oD

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> =-=-=-=-=
> \~
> |~ ^
> /~ |
> You are here. Wouldn't you rather be out
> there? -->
> =-=-=-=-=

Jyrki Saari