RE: [NetEpic ML] Opinion....2nd - 3rd or Net Epic Edition?

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:25:31 +0200

I guess you mean Epic 40k by "3rd edition", right? Net Epic resembles 2nd edition most with all the basic mechanics intact. However, there have been numerous changes to fix the problems in 2nd edition, like alternate move/fire sequence for example.

Epic 40k is completely different; where in Net Epic the basic unit is platoon in E40k it is roughly a company. Weapons are generalized into broad categories, unit stats have been much simplified and although the many overtly complex special rules which plagued 2nd edition have been removed so has, IMO, much of the flavor been removed too.

Which game is "the best"? It's all a matter of preference. Personally I like detailed units and find playing Epic 40k kind of like eating a layer cake without the whipped cream. Most of the essentials are there, but they forgot to finish it.

> Thanks
>
> Wes

Jyrki Saari