Basing Differences.

From: Maksim-Smelchak <max200_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:25:30 -0800

Wes,

First of all, I highly recommend becoming an E-A playtester so you can get
information first-hand.

Secondly, so far, according to Jervis, there is no standard E-A infantry
base. The newer metal infantry are rumored to be coming out on 5mmx40mm
bases, but noone knows for sure yet. The rules that Jervis has put out state
that as long as no edge of the bases is less than 5mm or larger than 40mm
then it is a legal base. This includes all of the current bases (squares,
rectangles, etc.). Basically, Jervis' intention, as I understand it, is that
he wants to include everyone in the party so base how you wish. So far, he
seems accepting of small circles and coins as well for basing material.

Thirdly, both kinds of cavalry / bike bases are OK so far too (the two-bike
20mmx20mm and the three-bike Warmaster 20mmx40mm). Both have advantages and
disadvantages that make either balanced in comparison to each other (either
more vulnerable to artillary or smaller CC frontages and similar concerns
about ease of painting). I've written a ton of posts concerning bases, which
is why I'm responding. There are currentl at least five or so posts
regarding basing on the E-A playtester's forum.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.