Re: Will Heresy 2 work for my...................................?

From: ramospeter <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:45:40 -0000

Hi!

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "johnleahy55" <jleahy55555_at_m...>
wrote:
> Hi. I have been considering using Dirtside 2 for my non epic
stuff
> (Battletech, Ogre, Star Wars 10mm and GZG 6mm). But I thought
about
> Heresy. DS2 is a decent system but it is not really designed for
> large games (at least in the amount of time I have available).
> Heresy will more readily allow that. I am not worried about points
> equal battles. So do you think that it might work?
> I appreciate any feedback.
> Thanks,
> John

DSII, while a good realistic game, as you mention, suffers if the
size of the meeting forces is "too big". While it is made for
platoon level play, I think the mechanics get cumbersome when you
try to try to play more than 20 platoons per side. Mind you this is
for one-on-one games, since if you have more players this
disadvantage is lessened.

Battletech is a good system as well, but since it "features" the
mechs, I find the rules and treatment of non-mech units is somewhat
less detailed and too baised towards the mechs, but then again that
is the focus of the game.

Heresy II, I assume you picked up the latest version from the files
section with the remade list. The newer lists try to make it easier
to make "big" games. I have yet to try a truely large game to test
it, but it was made to accomodate such games. But the proof is in
the pudding, so to speak, it must be tested. Since you are using non-
epic figures, I'm not sure how well the army lists I made could be
modified to accomodate that, but the basic system should work fine.
Heresy's biggest problem is fine tuning the army lists, so as "to
make sense". I suspect is yu model forces after the IG or SM
counterparts it should do well.

Peter