RE: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Fliers vs. Aerospace units

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:43:43 +0200

[snip]
> Aerospace units have a stall speed - they can't go slow
> enough to stay on the battlefield for any length of time,
> e.g. jet fighters.
>
> I've taken away the concept of orders for Aerospace units -
> they show up, shoot things, and then leave. Dogfighting
> (IMHO) takes too much room to belong on the Epic battlefield
> - if you want a game about planes shooting each other, go
> play Red Baron. If you want to kill a jet fighter, shoot it.
> I want to encourage AA units and strafing runs.
>
> Anyway, let me know what you think.

Hhhmmm. How would you classify a Thunderhawk? The problem is that all the flyers (even Overlord!!) in Net Epic _are_ actually aerospace units fully capable of both atmospheric and space flight.

That said, I am of the minority which likes their air support as you described, with the exception of dogfights. IMO air support is one thing which GW got right in Epic 40k.

> -Yar

Jyrki Saari