[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan Revision

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:58:45 -0600

Hi!

> I am quite a fan of giving shields saving throws myself. Solves the
problems
> people have with using light weapons to take the shields out and then
hitting
> them with heavier weapons. If we did this, I'd be happy to leave
everything
> else on Titans (including better saves) alone.

Actually thats not a bad solution and far simpler. Question is how much of a
save and if it's modifiable...hmmm. I would be inclined to a straight
unmodifiable save or 4+ for each shield. If not then the save shoulf be
lower since a save of 5 or more with modifiers isn't much of a save. I am
really warming to this idea, it really bypasses a lot of work and you get
the resilience we are looking for. Hmm.. perhaps a 4+ that is modifiable,
weapons with a -1 modier mean a 5+ and -2 weapons a 6, weapons better than
that automatically take it down.

Not a bad idea I must say....

> With the improvement we gave Titans of Infantry having to survive closing
with
> the Titan to actually be able to engage it, I think this is a moot point.
> don't see much of a problem.

True, the disatisfaction on this issue is mostly from me <grin>

Peter