[UPDATE] All large articles being temporarily removed

From: NetEpic Webmaster <webmaster_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:07:45 +0100

Hi all,

    I am sorry to have to take this step, but we are having problems with people downloading certain files altering them and passing them off as there own work. The general concensus is that to protect our documents from this flagrent abuse of IP. We need to take them down and convert them to PDFs, this at least makes it harder to just copy and paste from.

    Forgive me if I am being over cautious but a lot of people put a lot of work into making these articles and it is not fair on anyone to be copied in this manner. Ideas are fair game, but when it is copied word for word then it going too far...

    As for the most recent offender, he will be removed from the NetEPIC links list, and we will try to find the most suitable action to take to prevent this happening in the future.

Tom Webb
Webmaster of the EPICentre http://www.netepic.org - Home of Netepic, EPIC: Armageddon, VOID and Heresy