Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Squats part 2 Infantry

From: (wrong string) � Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:51:39 +0200

Well, now that I'm finally at home, I have had the opportunity to check the
exact mails about the matter (yeah, I know could have done it in yahoo, but
it was a real pain in the ***).

First of all, IMHO Slayer cults are ok as they are. When this unit was
proposed exactly two years ago (plus two weeks) the opinion was that it was
a really nice idea for it was something missing from the squat army. On the
other hand there has been a bit of reluctancy to give Squat good CC troops.
Well, for the first I think that there's no disagreement. And for the
second, I must admit that they are a really tough unit in CC, but the Avatar
also is, but almost nobody cares for that, why? because with a bit of luck
and ability, this kind of mad moving creatures can be fooled to cause
minimum damage to your forces.

In second place, they don't charge 20 cm but 30 cm. I think that
infiltration would be very good for them but I'm against it. For two
reasons: first, I think they should face the enemy directly without sneaky
moves and second, this was already commented two years ago, giving
infiltration makes them too good.

Last but not least, I want to give proper credit to the authors, since I
found those mails:

Shortbeards - Me, but the name was proposed bi Jyrki (and every day I'm more
convinced that they couldn't have any other name better than that. It's
perfect)
Slayer cult and Robot Squadron - Eivind

Albert Farr� Benet