Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Eldar revision part 3

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:40:12 +0200

>Titans
>

>Holo-Fields
>

>All Eldar Titans are equipped with Holo-field generators. The faster a
>Titan moves the better chance of shots missing the Titan due to the
>Holo-fields. Holo-field saves are taken whenever the Titan is hit and
>before any armor saves are taken.� The attacking weapon�€™s saving throw
>modifier does not modify this save. If it is successful, then the shot has
>missed the Titan and no damage occurs.
>
>Holo-fields are useless against barrage weapons.� Any barrage weapon
>attack ignores the Holo-field save for purposes of determining damage. On
>the other hand, Holo-field saves apply to all weapon attacks that do not
>use a template and are not psychic attacks, including Warp Missiles and
>even multiple Vibro-Cannon shots. The fact that the Warp missile does not
>travel through normal space is irrelevant since the Holo-field blocks the
>sight of the firer and conceals the Titan, and hence the firer may shoot
>the missile to a wrong spot, through Warp or not. If you want to destroy
>an Eldar Titan, use a barrage missile.

So a non-barrage template like flamethrower?
And please add that barrage ALWAYS scatter, even direct and barrage that
normally not scatter.

>Warlock Titan
>

>These Titans are improved versions are the Phantom Titans. Like these,
>Warlocks can make as many turns as they like when they move, and also
>carry 2 weapon systems and 2 wing weapons. The differences from the
>Phantom Titan are:
>
>¨ All close combat attack hits made by Warlocks count as psychic
>attacks (kills daemons instantly).
>¨ A Warlock Titan does not have to choose its orders until
>initiative is determined and the enemy's orders are revealed.
>¨ Warlocks have a Psychic save of 3+ on 1 D6 (unmodifiable).
>
>A Warlock may use one of the powers below once per turn in addition to
>shooting and close combat:
>
>1. Doom �€‘ on any model within sight of 50 cm. All shots against
>that model will hit on a 3+. If that model is in CC its CAF is halved.
>Models with shields have a 4+ save against Doom. Psychic saves may be made
>against Doom. This lasts until nullified.� � �
>
>2. Witch Sight �€‘ all enemy firing at the Titan in this combat
>phase suffer an extra �€‘1 to hit modifier. In close combat, opposing
>Titans and vehicles use one less dice. If the Titan is immobilized it
>cannot use Witch Sight.

This power is nullified from a psy save? and if yes why? the Titan cast
this on himself, augment his ability to dodge incoming damage, as stated if
immobilized cannot use witch sight.

>3. Mind Shout �€‘ all enemy models within 25 cm must immediately
>pass a morale check or go onto Fall Back orders. Rolls of 1 fail
>automatically. Even models that are exempt from making morale checks must
>still test. All friendly units with models within 25 cm can immediately
>roll to rally from Fall Back.
>

>Tremor Cannon
>

>This weapon is larger version than the one used by Eldar infantry. This
>weapon is powerful enough to recreate the damage cause by a full battery
>of the lesser weapons. The Tremor Cannon fires a fluctuating
>electro-magnetic beam that rips apart a targets molecular structure. The
>beam is fired into the ground and travels along the line of fire producing
>secondary explosions and the disintegration of the target area.
>
>When using this weapon trace an imaginary line between the firing Titan
>and the target. Any model in the line of fire is hit on a roll of 5+ and
>must save at a -2 penalty to avoid destruction. The primary target is hit
>on a roll of 3 or more. Any building in the trajectory of the weapon is
>hit automatically and must save at -2 o avoid destruction. Due to the
>weapons nature of traveling along the ground, this weapon ignores shields
>of any type. When a target with a hit location template is struck only the
>lowest portion of its template may be selected for the purpose of saving
>throws and damage. A Titan armed with two of these weapons may cross the
>beams, hitting secondary targets as described above but the primary target
>(where the beams meet) is hit automatically. Buildings targeted and hit
>which fail their saving throw count as destroyed (not damaged).
>
>Target hit on 3+ intervening models on 5+, destroys buildings

Someone can tell me why one should take a tremor cannon?

>Wing Weapons
>

>The wings on Eldar Titans house the mechanisms of their Holo-fields. There
>is also space to mount weapons.� There are of two types: Lascannon and
>Missile launcher.

there are tree type, include the AA Firewind.

>Eldar Revenant Scout Titans
>

>Eldar Revenant Titans come with fixed armament and are not bought by the
>general Titan rules. These are purchased in units of two, which are
>independent units and thus do not need to maintain coherency with each
>other. Scout Titans are equipped with Holo-fields for defense, and twin
>pulse lasers for offense.� Scout Titans are allowed a special movement
>mode due to the presence of jump jets.� Additionally, the Revenant Titan
>may turn as many times as it wants while moving.
>

>Dodge
>

>The Revenant Titan is very fast and can dodge incoming shots when moving
>quickly.� To reflect this, when on Charge Orders all shooting suffers a
>-1 to hit penalty against the Revenant Titan.
>

>Jump Jets
>

>The Revenant Titan is equipped with jump jets to help in movement.� When
>using jump jets the Titan's movement is in a series of leaps that allow
>the Titan to ignore intervening terrain. In order to use the jump jets the
>Titan must be on Charge Orders.� The maximum distance of each leap is
>15cm, so a Revenant on Charge Orders can make four 15cm leaps or any other
>combination that does not exceed the movement allowance for the
>Titan.� The maximum height of a normal leap is 5 cm.� In order to jump
>over higher obstacles the Titan uses 2 cm of movement for every additional
>1 cm of height needed to jump an obstacle.� The Revenant cannot land in
>impassable terrain during any of its jumps.
>

>Weapons
>

>All of the Revenant Titan's weapons have firing arc of 180° to the front
>of the Titan.� The Revenant Titan is equipped with two Pulse Lasers, one
>Missile Launcher and one Scatter Laser; with the following profiles:

In the table please duplicate the row for pulsars, it seem that the two
pulsar fire a single dice.