Re: [5.0] Eldar Revision Part 1

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:28:18 -0000

Comments below.

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!

> Eldar
>

> Special Rules
>
> A player may select up to 2 free Special Cards in addition to any
Host cards and Support Cards he may have purchased. One of these
Special Cards must always be the Avatar Free Card. The other must be
from the majority Craft World element of your army. In other words,
if the majority of your army represents the Alaitoc Craft World the
free card must be the Alaitoc Scout free card.

+AC+ Still the free cards? Why not finally write some _real_ rules to
characterise craftworlds and get rid of these?

> Warp Spiders*
>
> Warp Spider Aspect Warriors move and fight in a unique way. The
movement allowance on the profile represents their maximum move, if
the Warp Spiders charge they will not double movement, but may enter
close combat. If the aspect moves more than 15cm there is a chance
that the stand will become lost in the warp, roll a D6; if you score
a 1 then the stand is destroyed. This aspect also conducts shooting
in a different way to most troops, if a stand has First Fire or
Advance Orders it may fire during the movement phase, if they are
moving, then shots can be worked out at any point during movement;
simply stop the stand, fire and then move the rest of the way. Warp
Spiders are armed with a deadly Death Spinner. These weapons use the
small tear dropped shaped template (stream of corruption template).
Anything more than half underneath the template will be hit on the D6
roll of 3+ and must make an unmodified save or be destroyed. Because
of the Warp Spider�€™s small size and the way that they disappear and
reappear during their movement they have a 5+ unmodifiable save on
1D6. Snap Fire may not be taken against Warp Spiders. Warp Spiders
cannot be pinned in close combat. The Nurgle stream of corruption is
~ 10 x 5 cm teardrop shaped template.
> Models: Appropriate Aspect Warrior models from the GW Eldar sprue.

+AC+ Give them the Fire on the Fly special rule and remove all
descriptions about their way of firing.

> Exarchs
>
> Those Eldar who permanently follow the path of aspect warriors
become Exarchs. They possess extraordinary armor and powerful relic
weapons. Exarchs have a saving throw of 5+ on a D6, modifiable to 6+
but not below, like Space Marine Terminators. Exarchs are considered
command units and follow all the rules regarding them.
> Models: Exarch models from the GW Eldar sprue.

+AC+ Just one thing: these are _not_ Exarchs, but Phoenix Lords.
Exarchs are supposed boosting theri respective Aspect Warrior squads,
not joining together on the battlefield.

> Scouts
>
> These are Eldar dedicated to the Path of Danger. They explore the
galaxy and sometimes merge with other societies to secretly combat
Chaos. To represent the way Scouts can move unseen the Eldar player
is allowed to reposition Eldar Scouts once the opposing armies have
been set up. Before the game begins the Eldar player may move any of
his Scouts once at up charge rate (i.e. double their normal move
distance). This may bring Scouts close to the enemy line - but they
are not allowed to move closer to any enemy troops then 5cm

> Due to special chameleon-like cloaks, Scouts cannot be targeted at
a range greater than 25cm. This rule also applies to barrages, if
there are no enemy units within 25cm that have the Scouts in their
line of site.

+AC+ Why not remove this paragraph and give them Stealth?

> Eldar Scouts are not bounded by the general targeting rules, and
thus are allowed to shoot at enemy command units even if they are not
the closest targets. To do this, the player must first roll a D6 for
any Scout stand that attempts to target a command unit. On 4+ the
Scouts identify the stand and may shoot at it, otherwise they have to
shoot at some other target.
> Models: Scout models from the GW Eldar sprue.
>
> Summary
>

> Troop Type
> Move
> Saving Throw
> CAF
> Weapons
> Range
> Attack Dice
> Roll To Hit
> TSM
> Notes
>
> Scout
> 10 cm
> None
> +3
> Lasgun
> 50 cm
> 1
> 4+
> 0
> Infiltration, can not be targeted at ranges over 25cm, may shoot at
HQs on 4+

+AC+ Give them a 6+ fixed save for the Chameleoline Cloaks, drop the
CAF to +1 (they are NOT close combat troops)

> Aspect Warriors
>

> Dark Reaper
> 10 cm
> 5+*
>
> +1
> Missile Launcher
> 75 cm
> 2
> 4+
> -1
> Snap Fire without penalty, local air defense, Elite

+AC+ Lower their armor save to 6+ fixed, they are not so tough.

> Howling Banshee
> 10 cm
> None
> +6
> Power Sword
> None
> -
> -
> -
> On a roll of 5+ the close combat opponent is destroyed

+AC+ Give them a Shuriken Pistol, they have it!!! (25cm, 1, 5+, 0)

> Striking Scorpion
> 10 cm
> None
> +6
> Mandi-Blaster
> None
> -
> -
> -
> Roll 3D6 in close combat

+AC+ Shuriken Pistol-armed like the Banshees (25cm, 1, 5+, 0)

> Summary
>

> Troop Type
> Move
> Save
> CAF
> Weapons
> Range
> Attack Dice
> To Hit Roll
> TSM
> Notes
>
> Warlock
> 10 cm
> None
> +2
> Shuriken Pistol
> 25 cm
> 1
> 5+
> 0
> Psychic Powers, HQ, Elite

+AC+ Give them a 6+ fixed save from their Runic Armor

> Farseer*
> 10 cm
> None
> +3
> Shuriken Pistol
> 25 cm
> 1
> 5+
> 0
> Psychic Powers, HQ Unit, Elite

+AC+ Give them a 6+ fixed save from their Runic Armor

> Forward Observer*
> 10 cm
> 6+
> +0
> Shuriken Pistol
> 25 cm
> 1
> 5+
> 0
> Special rules, HQ unit.

+AC+ Why the 6+ save? He's still a Guardian

> Summary
>

> Troop Type
> Move
> Save
> CAF
> Weapons
> Range
> Attack
> Dice
> To Hit Roll
> TSM
> Notes
>
> Jet Bike
> 35 cm
> None
> +3
> Shuriken Cannon
> 15 cm
> 1
> 5+
> �€`1
> Skimmer

+AC+ One thing: why they have -1 TSM? Should be 0 TSM like all other
bikes, they are not so heavy equipped.

> Vyper Jet Bike
> 35 cm
> None
> +3
> Shuriken Cannon
> 25 cm
> 2
> 5+
> �€`1
> Skimmer

+AC+ These should fit more a support role than an assault role. I
suggest lowering the CAF to +1, add a 6+ save and another weapon:
Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult (15cm, 1, 5+, 0). The Shuriken Cannon
should have a 0 TSM.

> Shining Spear*
> 35 cm
> None
> +5
> Shuriken
> 15 cm
> 1
> 5+
> -1
> Skimmer, Elite

+AC+ Same as other jetbikes: 0 TSM. Give them an ability named "Laser
Lance" working the same as Howling Banshees to represent their
devastating charge.

> Dreadnought
> 10 cm
> 5+
> +2
> Lascannon
> 75 cm
> 1
> 5+
> �€`2
> Special Rules

+AC+ I'll give that a +4 CAF instead of +2 and at least 2 Shuriken
Catapults (25cm, 2, 5+, 0) mounted in the arms (to match the real
model)

> Wraithguard
> 10 cm
> 6+ Fixed
> +4
> Wraithcannon
> 50 cm
> 1
> 5+
> �€`1
> Special Rules

+AC+ These should be Infantry, not walker (they are five a base) so
they can be transported. Why the 6+ fixed save? They are tough as
Space Marines so go with a 5+ save. They are not so strong in close
combat (+2 CAF is better IMHO), but theyr Wraithcannon is deadly: I
suggest to change the stats to (35cm, 1, 4+, -2).

> War Walker
> 25 cm
> None
> +1