[NetEpic ML] Re: heresy bug hunting

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:00:44 GMT

> > By the way....one thing I have found through playtesting (more detail
>later)
> > is that orks suffer quite badly from suppression. It is very easy to
>break
> > up an ork assault force and annihilate them piecemeal.
> > This is both unpleasant for the orks but also slightly out of character
>as
> > orks generally dont mind being shot at.
> > Perhaps give them a morale test to avoid suppression AND a check at the
>end
> > of turn to break it???? Of course it might just be fine as it is...just
> > thought anyway
>
>Good thing you pointed this out I left out several rules regarding
>suppression and different races.
>
>Tyranids- immune to suppression
>Demons- Immune to suppression
>Orks- may be supressed but get no penalties to morale checks to remove it.
>In other words its not worth trying to supress orks more than once since
>they receive no penalties to their morale check to remove suppression, its
>always a straight roll plus leadership bonus, thus they are VERY resilient
>to suppression as compared to other races.
>
>This has been added to the army lists.

Okay...makes sense

> > But: Stompas certainly should be immune to suppression!!!! It is
>rediculous
> > that 4 lascannon blasts can suppress a fullsize unit of bad ass stompas.
>
>Ack, I promised Ken to include this but I didn't. I added to the
>suppression
>rules the following: "any unit with more than one DR point is immune to
>suppression".
>
>This means that knights super heavies and stompas and others are immune to
>suppression.

OKay, it kinda makes the "heavy tank" ability pointless since heavy tanks
invariably have DR 2+

>Does that cover it? Found any more errors? Let me know.

Actually yes: Here we go:

Do armour piercing weapons ALWAYS halve penetration (as the description of
them seem to say) or only versus infantry (as the descruiption under the
suppression rules say)

Ratlings and ogryns should certainly NOT be heroes. Make them independent
instead. Ogryns are dead stupid and would NEVER lead anyone, and I have
never heard of snipers assuming command of regular infantry.

It appears that rapid fire has no effect versus vehicles. In other words it
is nearly impossible to suppress armour. If 4 tactical marines fire on enemy
leman russes their suppression is 4 firepower /4 for a result of 1. With
rapid fire this becomes 2 so they could suppress a single tank. I find this
fair enough.

Imperial guard tunnelers have a strange movement stat. The squat ones have
regular movement. What and why??

The twin lascannon in the praetorian list is still wrong

The description of mantis missiles say that they always posses 3 BP but the
various units have different stats. The mantis artillery have 2/4BP
listed...why?

The example given for dogfight combat still refers to AC orders, this should
be intercept.

Can marines take imperial praetorians (I think they should be able to) as
the army list seem to imply.

Squat hunter killers are not clearly stated as one-shot

PLease say that the missing maximum distance for slann warp gates are just
left out. If there are no limit (I suggest 50 cm.) they are WAY too
powerfull!!

If the eldar stealth wargear card is applied to vehicles they should get a
penalty on their stealth roll.
This wargear should never be possible for titans!!!!!

I find the dice roll for titan weapon availability odd. While it is a cool
rule, it makes it impossible to make an army at home before facing off
against your opponent.

I assume that broken units award half VP?

The table for eldar titan holofields still refers to charge orders. This
should be assault

When a titan fires multiple weapon systems at the same unit, will it
suppress the unit once (Add firepower together) or multiple times???