[NetEpic ML] Re: heresy bug hunting

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:17:07 -0600

Hi!

> OKay, it kinda makes the "heavy tank" ability pointless since heavy tanks
> invariably have DR 2+

To rectify this the heavy tank skill now includes a defensive fire before
close combat begins

> Actually yes: Here we go:
>
> Do armour piercing weapons ALWAYS halve penetration (as the description of
> them seem to say) or only versus infantry (as the descruiption under the
> suppression rules say)

Halve versus infantry full versus armor. Will correct.

> Ratlings and ogryns should certainly NOT be heroes. Make them independent
> instead. Ogryns are dead stupid and would NEVER lead anyone, and I have
> never heard of snipers assuming command of regular infantry.

Will do, change to independent

> It appears that rapid fire has no effect versus vehicles. In other words
it
> is nearly impossible to suppress armour. If 4 tactical marines fire on
enemy
> leman russes their suppression is 4 firepower /4 for a result of 1. With
> rapid fire this becomes 2 so they could suppress a single tank. I find
this
> fair enough.

As I said before I made suppressing armor with regular weapons difficult. Of
course if one vehicle were destroyed then marines could suppress the
remainder.

> Imperial guard tunnelers have a strange movement stat. The squat ones have
> regular movement. What and why??

Has been corrected.

> The twin lascannon in the praetorian list is still wrong

Has been corrected.

> The description of mantis missiles say that they always posses 3 BP but
the
> various units have different stats. The mantis artillery have 2/4BP
> listed...why?

I omitted that only the maintis artillery has 4 BP and the venom 2, this has
been added.

> The example given for dogfight combat still refers to AC orders, this
should
> be intercept.

Corrected.

> Can marines take imperial praetorians (I think they should be able to) as
> the army list seem to imply.

Correct.

> Squat hunter killers are not clearly stated as one-shot

Corrected

> PLease say that the missing maximum distance for slann warp gates are just
> left out. If there are no limit (I suggest 50 cm.) they are WAY too
> powerfull!!

hehe, you skipped something, the rule states you may move up to your ADVANCE
move, which never is more than 50cm.

> If the eldar stealth wargear card is applied to vehicles they should get a
> penalty on their stealth roll.
> This wargear should never be possible for titans!!!!!

Will make it applied just to infantry, No wargear may be used by titans this
is added to the core rules.

> I find the dice roll for titan weapon availability odd. While it is a cool
> rule, it makes it impossible to make an army at home before facing off
> against your opponent.

This is more to avoid abuse than set in stone. If player agree they can
forgoe this, besides if this is the only thing they have to do with the
other player present it isn't that bad. But I admit it is a limitiation.

> I assume that broken units award half VP?

Crap, yes, which means I have to change the little cheat sheet to reflect
this, will do.

> The table for eldar titan holofields still refers to charge orders. This
> should be assault

Corrected.

> When a titan fires multiple weapon systems at the same unit, will it
> suppress the unit once (Add firepower together) or multiple times???

Each weapon on a titan is almost like a different unit, so yes each causes
suppression. Will add.

I really really happy with this input and getting rid of typos and
unclearness, thanks a bunch!!!

Peter