Re: [NetEpic ML] Termites, Moles and Hellbores ?????

From: warlordq <warlordq_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:54:27 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, <eivind.borgeteien_at_c...> wrote:
> Its quite OK to bore into a hill, you just surface on the top. I dont
> remember exactly about buildings, it is possible that they can surface
> in the basement, but I might have read something about the buildings
> must make a save or be destroyed. That might be the mole though, Im
> not sure.

After going and reading the current rulebooks (it's been ages since I
did; apply "my copy is so old it's written with 1's only because 0's
hadn't been invented" jokes) and they've divergrd further from the
original GW rules...

I was wrong! Troops can emerge on the turn the Termite surfaces, with
their move halved.

(And the Hellbore transport's armour has been increased slightly.)

There was no specific mention of buildings, just the note that you can
aim anywhere (which persumably includes in buildings). The Ork & Squat
Warlords/AotI version was that you could appear under a building and
subsequently emergr from it. If you did, the building would indeed
take a hit, and collapse unless it made its save. These collapsing
buildings would inflict a hit on the tunneller, crushing the transport
if it failed its save.

This meant that the Hellbore in particular sometimes aimed for
buildings in the older version, to shield it from fire on the first
turn while it cooled down and the troops waited to be able to emerge.
I guess this tactic isn't needed any more. Hurrah!

Christopher