Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Ork revision

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:43:51 +1000

Well, after reading through everything that was sent, it all seems pretty
standard to me. The BIG question is what are the current costs of all
units? The stats seem fine, its the costs of the units that need to be
looked at.

Currently, I have made the following observations:

Do we want to re-name the Ork weapons to match the current array of Ork
weapons in 40K (such as slugga, shoota, big shoota, etc.)? I know I was
once an opponent of this, but now it just seems that we should try a little
to match the current 40K trends. Weapons that have a very Orky name
already (such as the Skorcha, Deth Kannon and Brainkrusha Kannon) should
remain as they are. Also, Nobs, Nobs Warbikes and other Ork Commanders
should be armed with "Kustom Shootas". Here's a list of changes:

Close Combat Weapon: Choppa
Bolt Pistol/Shotgun: Slugga
Bolter: Shoota
Heavy Bolter/Autocannon: Big Shoota
Battlecannon: Blasta
Lascannons/Multi-meltas: Zapper

Also, some current Epic Ork weapons are little too complicated with their
effects and could easily be simplified. One example is the Traktor
Kannon. It has been replaced in 40K with the Zzap gun, similar to a BIG
lascannon. Perhaps its time for the Traktor Kannon to be laid to rest or
relegated to the Optional section? The same for the Hop Splat Gun. Here
are some examples:

Zzap Gun:
Move: 15cm; Save: None; CAF: -3; Weapon: Zzap Gun; Range: 50cm; To Hit: 5+;
Save Mod: -D3

Lobba:
Move: 10cm; Save: None; CAF: -3; Weapon: Big Lobba; Range: 50cm; To Hit:
2BP; Save Mod: -1

Supports Cards: Units of 5 for 100points BP= +3, VP= +1

Would these make good replacements? For weirdness we still have the Shokk
Attack Gun, Pulsa Rokkit & Squig Katapult.