Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Ork revision

From: ramospeter <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:01:49 -0000

Hi!

Kelvin Henderson wrote:

> Well, after reading through everything that was sent, it all seems
pretty standard to me. The BIG question is what are the current costs
of all units? The stats seem fine, its the costs of the units that
need to be looked at.

Ooops! Forgot the costs, will post them tonight.

> Currently, I have made the following observations:
>
> Do we want to re-name the Ork weapons to match the current array of
Ork weapons in 40K (such as slugga, shoota, big shoota, etc.)? I know
I was once an opponent of this, but now it just seems that we should
try a little to match the current 40K trends. Weapons that have a
very Orky name already (such as the Skorcha, Deth Kannon and
Brainkrusha Kannon) should remain as they are. Also, Nobs, Nobs
Warbikes and other Ork Commanders should be armed with "Kustom
Shootas". Here's a list of changes:

> Close Combat Weapon: Choppa
> Bolt Pistol/Shotgun: Slugga
> Bolter: Shoota
> Heavy Bolter/Autocannon: Big Shoota
> Battlecannon: Blasta
> Lascannons/Multi-meltas: Zapper

I was also opposed, but now I am not so sure. Perhaps a poll is in order?

> Also, some current Epic Ork weapons are little too complicated with
their effects and could easily be simplified. One example is the
Traktor Kannon. It has been replaced in 40K with the Zzap gun,
similar to a BIG lascannon. Perhaps its time for the Traktor Kannon
to be laid to rest or relegated to the Optional section? The same for
the Hop Splat Gun. Here are some examples:

> Zzap Gun:
> Move: 15cm; Save: None; CAF: -3; Weapon: Zzap Gun; Range: 50cm; To
Hit: 5+; Save Mod: -D3

> Lobba:
> Move: 10cm; Save: None; CAF: -3; Weapon: Big Lobba; Range: 50cm; To
Hit: 2BP; Save Mod: -1

> Supports Cards: Units of 5 for 100points BP= +3, VP= +1
>
> Would these make good replacements? For weirdness we still have the
Shokk Attack Gun, Pulsa Rokkit & Squig Katapult.

I agree we should perhpas change them in a way they get used mor
often, because, quite frankly, they aren't units I see to often on the
tabletop. At least your proposal make me want to field them again,
which after all is the point of having the models anyway....

> From what I've been seeing on the Epic Armageddon site, they will be
making Ork Trukks available as transports. I think we should look at
including them:

> Ork Trukks:
> Move: 30cm (wheeled); Save: 5+; CAF: 0; Weapon: Shootas; Range:
15cm; To Hit: 6+; Save Mod: 0 Special: Transport - 2 stands

> Support Card: Units of 5 for 100points BP= +3, VP= +1

Thanks for bringing this up. Trukks seem to be the "new battlewagon"
for th orks and FW has quite a few variants for them which we need to
address.

On thing, they should transport 3 troops like the old battlewagon.

> Also: some trial rules for the Ork Landa:
>
> Ork Landa
> After seeing the effectiveness of Thunderhawk Gunships, the Orks
have decided to make use of their own version: "Da Landa". However,
in typical Ork style, it isn't the most reliable of craft.
> Special Rules: When deploying the Landa, place the model on the
table where you want it to land at the start of your turn. In the
movement phase, roll the Scatter and Artillery dice for the Landa. A
"HIT" and any number means the pilots were on target and land on
target. An arrow and a number means the Landa lands double the
indicated number away from the original point in cm (any Landa that
scatters off the table misses the battle zone and must try again next
turn). A "HIT" and a "Misfire" means the craft has crashed. Make a
save for the Landa at -1. If it succeeds, the craft crashes. The
units inside may still deploy, but the Landa can no longer fly. If it
fails the save, the Landa is lost with all hands.

> Ork Landa:
> Move: Flyer; Save: 3+; CAF: 0; Weapon: Big Shootas; Range: 50cm; To
Hit: 4+; Save Mod: -2
> Weapon: Rokkits; Range: 50cm; To Hit: 4BP; Save Mod: -1
> Special: Transport - 5 stands.
>
> Support Card: 1 Landa for 100 points BP=+1 VP=+1
> Special Card: Landa Skwodrun: 5 Landas for 450points BP=+5 VP=+3

Hehe, very orky! Glad to have our first submission for it.

Peter