Re: [NetEpic ML] snap fire and pop-up attacks

From: thedlx1984 <the_dlx_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:27:10 -0000

> ---------- If you think falcons are a treat you should
> wait for them to make a pop-up attack. You can't shoot
> them before they make a pop-up attack.
>
> > b)
> > Assume the detachment of falcons is behind a hill,
> > is on first-fire
> > orders and has line-of-sight without popping up to a
> > detachment of
> > marines and when using a pop up attack to a
> > detachment of land
> > raiders. The space marine player has the initiative
> > and wants to get
> > rid of the falcons asap.
> >
> > Can he target the falcons? It is not clear that they
> > will make a
> > pop-up attack this turn.
> >

> -------- Since falcons have have a clear line of site
> without pop-up marines also have a clear line of site
> so if they have first fire order they can shoot at the
> falcons before they make a pop-up attack.

I formulated the question badly, I meant can he target them with the
_Land Raiders_ (that have a higher chance of taking them out) as they
are rising (assuming they do) to do the pop-up attack or can he target
them only with the Land Raiders _after_ the Pop up attack when they
are sinking back down again.

Fhe two answer to my question basically say: _after_ the pop attack
which is also what I was proposing to clearify in the rules:

> > I think the easiest solution would be to allow fire
> > on a detachment
> > making a pop-up attack only in the first fire phase
> > _and only after_
> > the pop-up attack itself has been resolved.

thanks

Oliver