Re: [NetEpic ML] snap fire and pop-up attacks

From: Mete Senyol <kume1967_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 06:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

> My previous question is answered with that but let
> me construct two
> examples that might lead to discussions:
>
> a) Assume the detachment of falcons is behind a
> hill, is on first-fire
> orders and could hit a detachment of land raiders
> (also on first-fire)
> with a pop-up attack and nothing else.
>
> Land Raiders are activated before the falcons, can
> they shoot at the
> falcons (although they have not yet performed their
> pop-up attack)?
>
> I would say yes from reading the rules but the next
> example shows that
> this leads to further complications:

---------- If you think falcons are a treat you should
wait for them to make a pop-up attack. You can't shoot
them before they make a pop-up attack.

> b)
> Assume the detachment of falcons is behind a hill,
> is on first-fire
> orders and has line-of-sight without popping up to a
> detachment of
> marines and when using a pop up attack to a
> detachment of land
> raiders. The space marine player has the initiative
> and wants to get
> rid of the falcons asap.
>
> Can he target the falcons? It is not clear that they
> will make a
> pop-up attack this turn.

-------- Since falcons have have a clear line of site
without pop-up marines also have a clear line of site
so if they have first fire order they can shoot at the
falcons before they make a pop-up attack.