Re: [NetEpic ML] Squat Overlord & Ork Doom Diver

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:29:54 -0400

Kelvin Henderson wrote:

>At 01:12 PM 13/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>

>>How does the Doom Diver Magna Cannon works against the Squat Overlord
>>airship? Is the special Overlord damage table used or a simple hit by a Doom
>>Diver immeditely destroys the ship?
>>

>My personal view is that it would be unaffected by the Doom Diver. I think
>the Doom Diver should only work on Thrusters and Landers. Floaters (Like
>the Overlord) should be unaffected. They rely on buoyancy to provide
>lift. I don't see how a giant magnet could force them to crash in the same
>way that a fighter could be.
>
>-Kelvin....

Hi!

Interesting question and response. I like Kelvin's reasoning, since the
magnetic field would latch on to the undercar, but since it floats it
would not do any damage. Making it immune to the magna cannon is not an
unbalancing issues sinc orks have flakwagons that could take the
overlord out more effectively.

What are peoples opinions on this?

Primarch