IG units reworked for SM, opinions wanted.

From: lcarter_97132 <mariner97114_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:13:08 -0000

I wanted to get the groups opionion on reworking some Imperial Guard
units for use with Space Marines. This is because, long ago, I had
started to buy some IG stuff in anticipation of building up an army
to go along with my very large SM army. This never worked out and so
now I have some (very cool) IG models that I would love to use but no
real bulk IG force.

These are specifically a Mole, Termite, two Gorgons and four
Manticores (two old style and two new). Now I can understand not
allowing the Manticores into an SM army as the IG is supposed to have
the real artillery. However, why wouldn't Marines use Moles,
Termintes, and/or Gorgons? Particularly when assualting fortified
positions! I really want to use these models as I like them alot
(wish I had a Hellbore, what a cool model).

I was thinking along the lines of lowering the stand count and
possibly upping the points. So, for example, instead of a Mole
carrying 10 stands of IG Tactical, 6 stands of SM tactical. The
Termite from 2 IG to 1 SM and the Gorgon from 5 IG to 2 or 3 SM. The
points I am not to sure about.

In the past I had played friendly games with a mix of SM and IG
(using SM stands as IG troops) but I have seen that many people feel
that allying like this is rather beardy (which I don't neccessarily
disagree with). So I have started thinking about restructuring my
army back to pure SM but I don't want to be stuck with a small
handfull of cool IG models I can't use!

Any and all input would be welcome.

Thanks,
Larry