Re: [NetEpic ML] IG units reworked for SM, opinions wanted.

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:07:39 -0400

lcarter_97132 wrote:

>I wanted to get the groups opionion on reworking some Imperial Guard
>units for use with Space Marines. This is because, long ago, I had
>started to buy some IG stuff in anticipation of building up an army
>to go along with my very large SM army. This never worked out and so
>now I have some (very cool) IG models that I would love to use but no
>real bulk IG force.
>
>These are specifically a Mole, Termite, two Gorgons and four
>Manticores (two old style and two new). Now I can understand not
>allowing the Manticores into an SM army as the IG is supposed to have
>the real artillery. However, why wouldn't Marines use Moles,
>Termintes, and/or Gorgons? Particularly when assualting fortified
>positions! I really want to use these models as I like them alot
>(wish I had a Hellbore, what a cool model).
>
>I was thinking along the lines of lowering the stand count and
>possibly upping the points. So, for example, instead of a Mole
>carrying 10 stands of IG Tactical, 6 stands of SM tactical. The
>Termite from 2 IG to 1 SM and the Gorgon from 5 IG to 2 or 3 SM. The
>points I am not to sure about.
>
>In the past I had played friendly games with a mix of SM and IG
>(using SM stands as IG troops) but I have seen that many people feel
>that allying like this is rather beardy (which I don't neccessarily
>disagree with). So I have started thinking about restructuring my
>army back to pure SM but I don't want to be stuck with a small
>handfull of cool IG models I can't use!
>
>Any and all input would be welcome.
>
>Thanks,
>Larry

Hi!

The easiest thing would be to pick up up some IG when the new version
comes out next year, but if you dont want to expand into another army,
you could make up units along the lines you suggested. Of course they'd
be house rules/optional. I dont think you'll see them added as core
units to the SM to be honest.

Peter