Re: [NetEpic ML] Heresy II questions.

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:17:07 -0400

Hi!

johnleahy55 wrote:

> Hi. My son and I are getting our armies ready and I am looking
>through the army lists and rules to prepare for play. I am playing
>Eldar and he is painting up Blood Angels. I have a few questions. On
>the Eldar list it lists under Line units 'Seekers'. These are heavy
>weapon units.
>
>What figs do these represent? Are these the Guardian support
>weapons?

Yes.

>Are Orc warbands the same as Battlegroups?

Yes.

>When forming an army for play can you just select a certain level
>commander say an Orc Warband Boss and then put 5 different
>Battlegroups/warbands on the table with no overall commander?

According to the old lists yes. Keep in mind these army lists are
outdated and may not click with the updates with the rules. I am
updating them as we speak.

>The Space Marine lists says there are 3 levels of Command but only
>lists Company Commander and Chapter Master. What is the other?

You must have the the "half way done list". There only 2 level, company
commanders and chapter master.

>Can I mix and match Chaos detachmenst (like Cultists could be in a
>Battlegroup with Marines)?

No.

>Any tips or thoughts for our first game?

Let me give you and update about the armies you asked about.

The newer lists introduces the idea that special assets (special cards)
are available due the coomanders ability to provide them per
battlegroup, instead of the older idea of ratios, which didn't work very
well.

SM

_Company Commander:_ they may attach up to 3 battlegroups composed of
1-2 detachments. Detachments may be line or support. One special card
per battlegroup may be added.

_Chapter Master: _they may attach up to 4 battlegroups composed of 1-2
detachments. The detachments may be line or support. One special card
per battlegroup may be added. There may be only one chapter master on
the battlefield at any given time.

Command radius is 50cm.

Orks

_Warband Boss:_/ /these are the nobles that form the core of the
warband. The boss may attach one battlegroup composed from up to 4
detachments. A battlegroup may never have less than 3 detachments. The
detachments may either be all line or all support, but may not be mixed
in the same warband. The warband boss has a total of TWO special cards
which he may assign to any of its battlegroups.

_Warlord:_ there is only one Warlord in any army. They represent one
group of Ork nobles that have subjugated all the clans of a region or
entire world. Its resources are almost limitless; drawings upon the best
clans have to offer. A Warlord must be purchased if more than 8 warbands
are present. A warlord may attach up to 4 battlegroups composed from up
to 4 detachments that may be line or support or any mix of the two. One
special card may be attached per warband.

Ork command radius is 20cm.

*
*Chaos

CSM

_Traitor champion:_/ /the traitor champion may attach up to 4
battlegroups. Each battlegroup may contain up to 2 detachments. The
detachments may be line or support in any combination. A maximum of one
special card may be added to each battlegroup.

_Greater D�mon or Primarch:_/ /detailed below in the D�monic Horde section.
Traitor Legions may take up to 25% of its total force from the Daemonic
Horde section.
Traitor command radius is 50cm.

Cultist

Chaos Cultists represent the vast hordes of betrayers of the Imperium,
from renegade priests to Imperial governors. They are typically equipped
with Imperial Guard supplies similar to those fielded by planetary
defense forces, now used against the Imperium. Their command consists of:
_
Demagogue:_/ /may attach only one battlegroup. The battlegroup may
attach up to three detachments that MUST be line detachments. NO support
or special cards may be attached.
_
Cultist lord:_ may attach up to three battlegroups. The battlegroup may
attach up to three detachments that may be line or support in any
combination. A maximum of one special card per battlegroup may be added.
_
Greater D�mon or Primarch:_/ /detail below in the D�monic Horde section.
There may be only ONE cultist lord per cultist army and any number of
demagogues.
Cultist command radius is 30cm.

Demonic hordes

They represent all the supernatural creatures that infest the warp and
the D�monic home worlds. There are three types of horde: D�mons,
Minions, and war engines. Regardless of type, all D�mon units share the
same command structure.

_Greater D�mons:_/ /Lords and masters of Chaos, they rule with fear and
terror. Greater D�mons can command a number of battlegroups equal to
their sacred number. Each battlegroup may be composed of up to three
detachments that may be line or support in any combination. A maximum of
one special card per battlegroup may be added.

_Primarch:_/ /they are the masters of their chapter and may attach any
number of battlegroups up to the sacred number of the Chaos power they
worship (described below). Primarchs may command a traitor legion or a
demonic army (therefore the player must decide if the army is a traitor
force or demonic army in order to determine what detachments will form
the battlegroup). They will NEVER command cultist forces. Detachment
compositions and restrictions are the same as for greater demons.

Greater D�mons and Primarchs all have a leadership and morale of ten.
All D�mons, Greater and minor, are immune to suppression. Primarchs are
unique and only one may be fielded of each type.

Greater Demons and Primarchs have a command radius of 60cm.

Table 1. D�mon Sacred Numbers
Khorne 8
Tzeentch 7
Slaanesh 9
Nurgle 6

I'd recommend for the first couple of games use armies without artillery
or titans, to get a feel for the rules. Once you get the hang of it add
special items.

I'd appreciate any commentary on the rules once you use them. Feel free
to be EXTREMELY critical!

Peter