Fw: [UPDATE] EPICentre Update

From: NetEPIC Webmaster <gambit_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:34:05 -0000

This will work - even if I have to
----- Original Message -----
From: NetEPIC Webmaster
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Cc: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com ; EpicA_at_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 9:47 PM
Subject: [UPDATE] EPICentre Update

Hi Guys,

        By the weekend, Netepic.org and Epic40k.com will die to rise from the ashes as the EPICentre. This is a new 'dynamic' community driven site that has received very good feedback from it's visitors during the development of it.

        If you guys want to use the original sites, I won't remove the old sites till monday, but on Thurs the Nexus will link to the correct URL for the new EPICentre.

        Reasons for the change:
  1.. Dynamic - When De'Aynes was migrated from a flat HTML website it proved an instant success, popularity soared for it. We hope to duplicate this success to revive Epic40k.com and to make NetEPIC.org more user friendly. There is a search engine that supports ALL the material on there. You can review and rate articles, downloads, files, etc. You can see the latest news, filter downloads to find the newest files, the most popular files, the highest rated files. It supports surveys, private messenging, webmail and is generally just pretty snazzy.
  2.. Epic: Armageddon - Quite simply, we had no where to put the files without a complete redesign - and where do we put it? On Epic40k.com or NetEPIC.org? In the end it was decided that merging the sites would make it easier for us to support new games. When the Titan and Air combat games come out, we will also be able to support them without a redesign. We have also merged Incoming! with the site, this means it is easier to find the articles you want, Epic40k articles are now in the Epic40k section, no need to check both Epic40k.com and the Incoming! page to find the data you want.
  3.. Size - with the new system the website has a core of moderators who in times of need (e.g. when Epic:A is first released and material comes flooding in for example) can step in to help with updates. It also means that Doug can edit the Incoming! site easily too.
        I hope you guys like the new site as much as it's testers did, if you want a sneak preview, then try this link http://netepic.org/INCOMING/html/index.php

Tom.