Re: [NetEpic ML] Squat vehicles

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:35:55 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Angel" <angel_stranded_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] Squat vehicles

> Since we're all talking about Squats, I have a couple of questions
> about tunnelers.
>
> 1. When a termite detachment surfaces, do the termites roll
> individually for scatter? Or does one roll for scatter, and the rest
> all surface within coherency of it?

We used to play as the second one in the belief that they were all going one
after the other through the same tunnel and then surfacing close by. I can't
read the latest rules now and I'm in doubt if this is correct.

> 2. The list (v4) says that any support cards bought for a tunneler
> company, must also be tunnelers. That's very restrictive, it means
> you have up to five supports cards but you can only take more
> termites or moles! How about allowing at least one squad of regular
> troops to protect the transport vehicles, at least until the
> tunnelers have surfaced?

When I was thinking about new units for Squats I thought of adding some
general purpose tunnelers (like equivalents of predators or Land Raiders
underground) but in the end desisted. I thought that the idea of "virtual
teleportation" of tanks would bring a lot of unbalance and problems. The
sole exception was the Hellworm but that's just one unit and quite
restricted. For the troop coverage of transport vehicles, well, I always
thought that transport vehicles were nice miniatures to NOT play with. Just
make advanced observers able to work as transport vehicle. Or mutate the
transport vehicle into an advanced observer that doesn't have any other
abilities. In any case, you can just buy a support card to any other company
and place it near the transports. But OK, for IG is a problem. Ideas?