Re: [NetEpic ML] Hellworm surfacing

From: Angel <angel_stranded_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:59:22 -0000

> In any case one must take into account that GW miniatures are a bit
> caricaturesque and don't reflect real size (still I'm trying to
figure how
> to fit a company of rough riders inside a Leviathan).

Try fitting 22 infantry stands inside a Hellbore...

> Maybe the solution lies in reducing the size of
> the model. F. ex. 1 or 1.5 cm each battlecar.

I'm having enough trouble with a 2cm battlecar! If I use a 19mm
diameter tube, that effectively makes a 19 x 20 box. By the time you
put doors on it, and maybe a couple of millimetres at each end for a
coupling of some sort, there isn't much room left inside to model the
actual payload. Using a smaller diameter tube or a shorter car would
make it even worse!

> A full Hellworm would cost 300
> +(350*5) = 2050 points plus the tunneler company card which is not
any cheap
> at all. In the end you expend 3k points outside table. Too much in
my
> opinion, since you expend 3k points in 4 units.

I agree, nobody would actually do it, but it is good to think of
these things at the planning stages.

Incidentally I made an error in my previous post. The basic worm
(300pts) is only the Tractor head and Fuel car, nothing else! So
adding one support card (350pts) only makes it 13cm long which is
easier to manage.

Steve