Re: Heresy 2 Poinst formulas

From: ramospeter <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 02:27:47 -0000

Hi!

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "disreality" <disreality_at_y...> wrote:
> I'm planning on using Heresy 2 for more generic 6mm sci-fi gaming.
> I'm having a bit of difficuly with the points formula. I can't
seem to gene=
> rate the proper points value for a unit of 6 space marine stands.
>
> The formula in the PDF says:
>
> Armor value + 2[Assault value] + [move/10] + morale grade +
weapons + skill=
> s = base cost x DR. Divide this total by 2 for the single model
cost.

> Armor Value is 5, Assault 5, Move 10, Moral grade 10 (assuming you
take the=
> highest number), Weapons (see below) and skills of 10 (rapid fire
5 and stu=
> bborn 5)
>
> The formula for a weapon is:
>
> [Range/10] + [firepower x penetration x (10 – accuracy)] x modifier
>
> Range is 25/40, firepower is 1, penetration is 0, accuracy is 7,
modifer is=
> .5 (anti-infantry)
>
> So that's a 40/10 + (1x0x3) modifier of .5 = 2
>
> So the marine should be:
>
> 5 +10 (2 times armour value) + 1 (move/10) + 10 (morale grade) + 2
(bolter)=
> + 10 (skills) all times 1 (their DR).
>
> This gives 38. Half this for a single stand is 19.
>
> A units of 6 stands in the army list is 130, which is 21.667 per
stand. Wha=
> t am I messing up?
>
> Primarch-- this is basically a duplicate of my post on
theminiaturespage.co=
> m message board, help on either one by anyone in the know would be
greatly a=
> ppreciated.
>
> Nahtan

Your not messing up anything....I am :)

The formula will give you a strick cost of course when you apply it
faithfully, but I have been tweaking the cost and rounding off cost.
So for example, I up the cost to a 20 meaning it should be around
120, but after playtesting them, I thought they should cost a tad
higher.

Granted my "testing" of the army lists has been few and far between
and I have not "upgraded" the points formula to version 2 (this
formula still dates back to Heresy I), so I think further re-
evaluation of points cost is needed.

As I mentioned before, the army list are the "rawest" thing in these
rules, so I am more than happy to hear any and all input on this
matter. In fact any reasonably argued point you bring forth as to
cost will very likely make me change it around. :)

Thanks for the question!

Peter