RE: [NetEpic ML] Tau army list

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:08:07 +1000

> >The KROOT have a slightly different army structure. When a KROOT Support

>unlikly that the Tau deploy full companies of KROOT when fielding large
>scale armies. remember the WH40K fluff is for a squad level game!!!! At
>least if the kroot is reduced to support onlt, then the Kroot detachments
>should be quite large.... 10 stands???

I liked the suggestion of making the Kroot "Companies" Special Cards with
Support cards adding to the BP and VP of the Special card. That's cute and
different and means that the Kroot really are there to support the Tau.

>I think Gun drones should be purchased as Support cards. As to Shield
>Drones, they are normally attached to commanders, so perhaps the Ethereals
>should be given a 5+ fixed save as a result? I've never seen any Ethereal
>leave home without two Shield drones. Also, the Drones are listed as being
>armed with Pulse Rifles. They are actually armed with Pulse Carbines and
>should be adjusted accordingly.
>minis. Pulse rifles instead of carbabines was for siplicity!

Fair enough, but Forgeworld DO have minis available. They aren't cheap of
course, but they can be bought. Also, I was thinking of using pins/small
nails with a saucer-shaped head and then mounting gun-like protrusions
under the saucer (strips of plastic would work) with a bit of wire above
the saucer. Presto! Gun drone! Fiddly, but cheap and doable.

>In the list it is listed as being supplied with a Hammerhead as its
>transport. Say what? Should that not be a Devilfish? And what are these
>Pulse Pistols the Ethereal is armed with? It should have no ranged weapons
>at all!
>some kind of ranged weapons.

True, but they really are there to lead rather than fight. Just make them
dirt cheap!

> From the Forgeworld range, we are missing the SkyRay. It is the AA
>version of the Devilfish and uses Seeker Missiles.
>
>What would the stats for the seeker missiles be?

Seeker Missiles 1dice 75cm 2+ To Hit -3TSM AA weapon Turreted. Other
stats as per Devilfish. How's that sound?

"KILLER WHALE" (I still think another name would be better).
>Army some more punch.

And I like it. We could even have two versions, just like the
Hammerhead. One with Ion Cannons, the other with Railguns.

-Kelvin....

"I feel like I am being nibbled to death by...what are those Earth
creatures called? Feathers? Go 'quack'?"
"Cats."