[NetEpic ML] v 5.0 Fliers

From: Deda <crystalmir_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:44:15 +0100

I go on with my commentaries about the 5.0 rules, hoping not to be too
boring (and begging your forgiveness for my tricky english)!

Being still sick & around home, this morning I read once again the fliers
rules. I admit there are some obscure points, mainly in the "common" rules
sections.

Since there is no Squat booklet available for now I don't know how the
Overlord (the Floater I best know) will be handled, but I think that keeping
a clear distinction between proper fliers and floaters would have been a
better choice, after all I think there are more diversities than
similarities between (I use the old distinction) Thrusters and Floaters.

I like the idea of the two different "modes" for "Thrusters" (in and off
board), and I think that the possibility to use both of them could be quite
good as well (a Thuderbolt pilot could choose for a strafing run or to stay
around a while to see what's going on).

But..why the low/high altitued for thrusters too? I think this rule would
just end in a lesser value of AA guns that have their range cut down to 3/4
o 2/3 (AFAIK the only 125 cm range AA is the Thunder Fire Cannon).

Well..ok, in this mail I have been far more destructive than
constructive...but I'd just want to plant the seed for a small discussion,
and know what all the others members think about it!

And, have a nice & happy week! ^_^

Cheers!

-Andrea (Uthgardt of Yahoo!)