RE: [NetEpic ML] Slaan Great Mage power

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:45:22 +0100

Hi,

I've included the Complete Slann Mage rule that we use. This is the same
that where posted during the slann reviewe. There you'll see that the
subjugate power is removed from the Greate Mage!!!

Yar you're probably looking at the wrong set of rules!!!

Great Magus

The most potent psyker in the Slann Empire, also known as the Great Magus or
High Priest, is the greatest and most respected individual in Slann society.
The Great Mage remains aloft from society, although the social leaders
constantly seek their advice. Their aid would be sought in battle, for their
knowledge of Magic, philosophy and the arcane sciences are formidable.

Special rules
1 There may only be one Great Magus per army regardless of points played.
2 The Great Magus moves by Warp Teleportation like a Mech, but does not roll
for deviation unless he warps more than 40cms, and can warp to any point,
even if its not in LOS. A Slann Great Magus can even Warp Jump to a point
within a section of woods although the unit must exit the woods by Warp
Jump.
3 When a Great Magus is on the battlefield the Slann army receives a
tactical advantage, for the Great Magus is in psychic contact with all his
unit leaders. When rolling for Initiative adds +1 to the roll as long as the
Great Magus is still alive. This bonus is one per game and may be used at
the beginning of any turn.
4 The Great Magus is a command stand and follows all the rules from Net epic
apply.
5 The Great Magus wears battlesuit vanguardarmor when he is not in a Mech.
6 Counts as Greater Demon when it comes to psychic checks (where
applicable), and has a psychic save of 3+.

The Great Magus also has the following psychic powers that can be chosen
from and used once per turn:

� * ENERGY SHIELD * The Great Magus conjures a shield of Psychic energy to
protect himself. This shield protects him even in closecombat , and will
negate any such attacks on a 3+.

� * SEE WARP GATE * Can help any warp capable unit determine its destination
when Warp Jumping. With this ability the Great Magus can tell any warp
capable unit within 25 cm how to get to it's warping destination. This also
allows a Mech unit to Warp Jump to a place not in LOS. If a unit is within
cohesion (6cm) of the Magus and makes the jump together with the Magus, The
Great Magus confers a +2 bonus to all warp jumps, including himself.

� * WARP HOLE * with this power the Great Magus opens a small area to Warp
Space around a target. That portion of the target is sucked into Warp Space
and usually this causes the destruction of the target in normal reality.

The Warp Hole is fired like a normal weapon of the following properties

Weapon Range Attack Dice To hit roll Save modifier
Warp Hole 25cm 1 3+ -4

This power down one shield against shielded targets. Resolve damage normally
against unshielded targets.

The Great Magus can also be mounted in a mech of any type.

Nils