Re: [NetEpic ML] Raven Guard

From: Jyrki Saari <mojarn_piett_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 23:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...> wrote:
> >How about making it a special card?
>
> Hm. I'm against this, but partly because I'd have to
> type up another Army Card in my Excel spreadsheet -
> I'm lazy that way.

Why? Just state in the "limited heavy support" that
the LR company, if taken, takes a Special card slot.

> The other reason is the
> description of the doctrine:
>
> "Raven Guard excels in guerilla style operations
> behind enemy lines, surgical strikes and hit and run
> attacks."
>
> That indicates a lack of concentrated heavy weapons
> and armor. Also, the "Limited Heavy Support" implies
> that you can't get a LR Company unless you get a
> Bike Company first.

True, and that is IMO quite a limitation in itself.
Hm, maybe it should be stated that you can't take a
tank company unless you have a bike company as well.

> On the other hand, it's a minor quibble and doesn't
> really matter. Nobody else has commented, so chalk
> up a victory to ennui. I'll put it in and we'll see
> how it flies during the next few years of
> playtesting.
> -Yar

I'm surprised at the lack of comments too. Maybe it's
an exam season or something? Or I have scared
everybody off...

J Saari