Re: [NetEpic ML] Some thing about V5

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:36:28 +1000

> Farseer would be better on a vyper. In 40k,
> eldar characters are on a platform (in place of
> shuriken canon). So, he would be only armed with
> a single shuriken catapult.

Not necessarily. Vyper Jetbikes in 40K can often upgraded their
twin-linked Shuriken Catapults to a Shuriken Cannon as well as the heavy
weapon, so its not out of place.

> I think Striking Scorpions and Howling
> Banshee are too mighty in close combat. +6 is
> too much. +3 would be more rigth. With a
> laspistol (25 cm, 5+).

Not compared to other CC troops. Banshees and Scorpions are CC
masters. The +6 is fine when you look at their cost.

> CHAOS :
>
> Normaly, Khorne is opposed to Slaanesh
> and Tzeench to Nurgle.

Actually, it should be the other way around. Khorne hates magic and would
not go near Tzeench. Slaneesh is the god of pleasure and would probably
find Nurgle offensive. And these are based on the ORIGINAL oppositions
from the Realm of Chaos books.

> IMPERIAL SPACE MARINES
>
> I don't understand why the more polyvalent
> troops are allways dressed with theirs rhinos !
> It's a real handicap in full of grounds
> like jungle, ruined city, mountain...
> It's allways an handicap for assault marines.
> Assault marines are equiped with jetpack to advance
> unimpeded. But rhinos are like a chain-and-ball
> punishment ! :o(

IMHO marines need all the punishment they get ;-). I agree though. A
standard Marine chapter should have mechanised and nonmechanised versions
of each company/detachment.

> I think that SM would be able to have
> better fire skill. Like 4+.

Nope. Gods no. SM are already fantastic. Infantry small arms have a 5+
to hit across the board and it takes a special exception to move it down to
4+. Only truly elite troops should have a 4+.

> In SM2/TL, I concede a +1 bonus against
> infantery for all anti-personnel weapon like
> bolter, storm bolter & co... To give infantery
> back the like, I add a modifier to fire against
> it equal to TSM.

I have no idea what you are suggesting here. Could you give us a working
example?

-Kelvin....

"All power corrupts. Absolute Power is kinda neat."