Kublacon AAR..., Two E-A games and Jervis...

From: Maksim <max200_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:13:12 -0000

The E-A portion of Kublacon (29 May 2004 in San Francisco, USA) was
great...

Among the highlights were:

- Saturday's 2pm E-A game by Craig and Aron:
A Gigantic six sided Titan/Troops/Armor bash between six players who
didn't know who was Traitor and who was Loyalist. They had to move a
command stand within 45cm of the enemy to get identification. I
played the Eldar NPC who got utterly wiped out due to Craig's
miscalculation of how much Eldar would be competitive. The players
were supposed to defend or destory and eldar warp gate in the middle
of the map. Despite being wiped out early, it was a great game. I
really enjoyed it.
Game participants were:
Rory Ross, Craig Robertson, Eric Royer (Chern), Maksim-Smelchak, Aron
Clark, Tim, Scott, and some other people I don't remember.

- Saturday's 8pm E-A game by Chad:
An ten-person introductory game between an Imperial side and an Ork
side allied with one chaos SM detatchment. Both sides were really
skirmishing with no overt objectives (although there were some
objectives on the table). Eric (Chern) and I played on the Imperial
side (Eric with a Mechanized Fist detatchment and myself with IG
arty). It was a good game. Eric and I wiped out Ork Stompa and Boyz
warbands with the help of a Baneblade player. I had to leave before
the game ended so I hae to wait to hear from Eric for the rest of the
results. Jervis introduced the game and explained the system to
everyone (All but the gamemaster, Chern and I were newbies to the
game).
Game participants were:
Rory Ross, Eric Royer (Chern), Maksim-Smelchak, Peter Hansell, Ray
Snyder, Chad Martens, Jervis Johnson (unofficial referee and
introduction) and some other people I don't remember.

- Meeting Jervis and getting my photo taken with him.
Eric and I chatted Jervis up, but didn't really hear anything
newsworthy. He had a copy of Fanatic Magazone #1, which was nice. He
says that Fanatic Mag #5 is already done and that they are keeping
ahead of the curve. Campaign rules are coming.

- Chern's (Eric's) new E-A army cards.
Eric is working on IG now. The cards look great!

- No Epic on sale!
There was no Epic on sale at the con although there was a guy with
some E-40k sprues at the flea market, but he wanted insane money for
a bag of mostly E-40k SM and Ork sprues. No deal. GW and FW had no
official representation at Kublacon. I bought a copy of Silent Death
(starfighter) rules for $5.00 USD and a ton of 6mm terrain buildings
from armorcast, Ironwind and a few other companies. I also got a box
of BT mechs and two Ronin - Duels mecha.

Two Epic games and meeting Jervis made for a nice con!

I'll try to write more later.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.