RE: [NetEpic ML] Some thing about V5 [LONG]

From: Dave Sell <g1jqr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:47:14 +0100

> Termie : CC 5 / A1 (with parade with some weapon)
>
> Scorpion/Banshee : CC 4 / A 1 + 1 with parade
>
> Aspect Warrior have better chance to win the
> close combat. But it's hard to kill termies (great
> armor !). Chainsword or powersword are almost
> inneficiant against terminator armor.
>
> Tactical termie have lower chance to win but
> each time they hit aspect warrior, they kill them
> with their powerfull powerglove.
>
> Assault termie have the same power weapon
> (or better !) and more chance to win : +1 attack
> and pary abbility.
>
> In fact, banshee cry and scorpion darts
> are inneficiant against termies armor.
>
> I know that because I play SM against
> eldars and vice versa. In W40k2 and SM2/TL.

Although all this has changed with more up to date versions of 40K, where,
on average, striking scorpions will draw against termies, while howling
banshees will absolutely destroy them in a single turn, before they even get
to strike back.

> Yes. But alteration I would have don't
> change close aspect warrior superiority against
> tactical SM. And just change a little against
> assault SM. But it's more "realist".

Under the latest 40K rules, assualt SM are less powerful than Eldar CC
aspects. Still.

> For W40k2 and Sm 2nd realises, you must
> have right. In my store, both game were available
> the same year (1993).

The Uk releases definitely had SM2 out with rogue trader.

Dave

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/