Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Shield Drone suggestion & SoopaGuns

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:08:42 +1000

>1. If you look at it differently, why is there any shield drone unit
>at all? Since Kelvin considers it's part of a commander stand, we
>could just "hardwire" them into the model profile and give it the
>appropriate fixed save. Etheral and Tau commanders could be enhanced
>a little bit (point wise and game wise) to reflect the additional
>layer of protection given by shield drones.

The other option is to make an "Upgrade" card. We could make the Tau
Commander stands and Ethereal stand 25-50 points cheaper with no Fixed
saves. Then we have a "Shield Drone Upgrade" that costs 25-50
points. This upgrade now improves the save of the unit it is bought for to
a Fixed save. This way you get to have rules for Shield Drones that
reflect their abilities and also have a reason for having them on the base.

>Best regards and thank you KISS people!

I understand that people would like to reflect each and every model they
have in their army. Hell, you've paid for the things and its only right
that you get to use them but I do feel that sometimes we can get carried
away. With the new Epic40K the Orks now get a SoopaGun Wagon. Should we
introduce a new rule for this? I don't think so myself. I say we just
change the name for the Braincrusha to the SoopaGun Wagon and include the
Braincrusha as a potential model.

Also I apologise if I seemed a little over-zealous in my opposition to the
Shield Drone formation. I've been a little unwell of late (its Winter down
here) and I am also passionate about the Tau. They are my favourite army
in 40K (they are the closest thing to a futuristic army in 40K) and I get
pretty defensive about them. Sorry about that.

-Kelvin....

"All power corrupts. Absolute Power is kinda neat."