[NetEpic ML] Re: NetEpic future

From: Stephane <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:24:04 -0000

Hi Niels,

as it seems, we are struggling to reinvent the wheel...

When I spoke about understrength detachments, it wasn't to break down
the company / support card articulation. And if someone tries to push
the envelope, it's not too hard to set some limits.

For example, we could decide understrength detachment/companies
wouldn't change their original break point. A Deathstrike missile
battery of 2 models would just count as having lost one model before
even the battle begins, so just one loss would make the unit break
and - more importantly - gives the *original* VP amount to the
opponent.

So, in fact while fielding a 2-launcher deathstrike missile battery,
you would save 65-70 from your army budget but this unit should still
be worth 2 VP, given after a single loss... So, it's risky!

And if the player is really trying to go further, he can: fielding a
single Deathstrike missile launcher instead of a whole battery, hence
a unit already broken, giving 2 VP from turn one - but without the
burden of the morale roll. Why not, if he's willing to pay that price
to get a single launcher for 65 pts?

I wonder how you could manage to put out a 20 scorpion army with such
rule. Have you tried something similar?

  Stephane